SunPower vs. LG Solar Panels
See the Difference With Our Simi Valley Solar Experts
Not all solar panels are created equal. While you want to save money on your solar investment and minimize both your monthly payments and your payoff period, investing in sub-par panels is only going to lead to disappointment in the long run. You need panels that are both energy-efficient and designed to withstand years of exposure to the brutal Southern California sun, plus are backed up by an outstanding warranty and a team dedicated to customer service.
Many people know the name LG: the electronics giant from South Korea makes everything from televisions to computer monitors to other home appliances and has built a strong reputation for good value for the price. However, when compared to an industry leader like SunPower, their solar panel systems simply don’t have the same strong reputation. Let’s take a look at a comparison between a SunPower panel system and an LG setup.
SunPower Equinox™ Solar Panels vs. LG Composite System
- SunPower: SunPower is an American-based company with headquarters in Silicon Valley, California. Solar is their entire business, meaning they are focused entirely on quality, technology, and customer service.
- LG: LG is a tech super-giant from South Korea, of which solar is an extremely small part of their business. Most of their efforts for research and development are focused on the industries where they have a much larger market share.
- SunPower: The SunPower Equinox home solar system is entirely designed and engineered by SunPower, including everything from the panels themselves to the inverter that makes the produced power useable in your home (plus the software that controls it). Every component is designed to work in perfect harmony with each other.
- LG: LG does not make inverters or design software that controls inverters—they build the panels only. This means you’ll need to hope that your chosen inverter, software, and other components can properly utilize your panels for maximum efficiency. This could lead to a more difficult experience and a higher possibility of issues in the future.
- SunPower: SunPower stands behind their solar panel systems entirely and offers one of the best warranties you’ll find in the industry. All components, including your panels, inverter, and even mounting hardware, are all backed by a 25-year protection that’s offered exclusively through SunPower. No third party companies to go through.
- LG: In order to get the same coverage that SunPower provides, you’ll need up to four different pass-through warranties to cover a system powered by LG panels. On top of that, LG panels are usually only covered for up to 12 years without purchasing a secondary warranty.
- SunPower: SunPower panels are some of the most efficient photovoltaic systems in the world. The Equinox panels lead the industry at 24.1% efficiency. Over time, they show zero percent power loss due to hot and cold cycling, plus only two percent power loss due to humidity.
- LG: LG’s panels are only 21.1% efficient from the factory, or more than 12 percent lower! Additionally, they show a drop of up to 2.5% of power from hot and cold cycling and tests have shown they lose as much as 20% of their power in extensive humidity testing!
- SunPower: SunPower earned the best environmental friendliness score in the industry from the Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition: a 97 out of 100. The Equinox panels scored a 10/10 for both panel toxicity and emissions transparency.
- LG: LG scored 62 out of 100 on that same company emissions test, and their panels scored a zero out of ten on both module toxicity and emissions transparency tests.
In total, SunPower solar panel systems have the following benefits over LG:
- Better design, durability, and reliability in field test results
- Up to 25% better energy efficiency
- 100% better power loss in heat and cold conditions
- Ten times better power loss in humidity
- One single, comprehensive warranty for all components
- 13 extra years of warranty on your panels
- An environmentally-conscious manufacturer located right here in the U.S.A.!
The choice is clear: if you want a better solar panel experience and a better investment in your home, choose SunPower’s Equinox solar panel system for your home.
Contact SunPower® by Energy Plus Solar and speak with one of our Simi Valley solar installation experts today! Call (805) 468-4864 to set up a solar consultation.